Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Traveling Man

Just got back from Chicago, man, I'm on the road so much, I might as well get a rig and start haulin' freight too.
Spent yesterday evening at Lexco, pimpin' the goods, and ran into some old friends, even made a new one. I told Jason from Wald I'd give them a shout out on the site. "What will you put in your basket" Wald asks? I will put many, many beers in mine.
Also, saw a real old buddy, Jeff Buerman. He was the Bontrager (the bike) rep at the first shop I worked at back in 1997. I think the last time I saw him, we were huddling under a tree in a hail storm during the Chain Drive race in Houghton, Michigan back in like 2000. I asked him about his son Ryan who was just a little guy as I recall, well now he is a 20 year old Marine! Wow, I am gettin old.
Thanks to Karen and Erik for letting me crash at their hacienda last night. Bork, you make a hell of a good turkey sandwich my man!
About the facial hair, my old boss Roy says:
"It makes you look like a red-neck fag from Portland"
Awesome, mission accomplished I guess.
Here is Creepy's recap of Artcrank. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Just watching some YouTube vids of Paris-Roubaix, awesome, I can never get enough of that stuff!
H8R coming up quick, I wonder what the weather is going to do...

No comments: