Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Magazine Shall Not Die


It is a well documented fact that I am a fan of magazines. Not just bike magazines either, although my wife would argue that point. Perhaps it is an afinity for ephemera or just that I have a short attention span, but I'd rather pick up a copy of Bike, Dwell, Wired or National Geographic than a book.
However, I've found that as good as American mags are, ones from the UK are often better. First off, the UK version of FHM is way better than the worthless rag you can pick up her in the States. Another example, this new surfing mag Drift strikes a cord like the Surfers Journal does. Dirt is a top notch zine covering things knobby, and I'd read Rouleur over Road, or Velo News everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
Now I'll probably catch some flack for these comments, but hey, I calls em like I sees em, and when you live in a 40 year old van for 4 monthes in the parking lot of your favorite mag for very little pay, and shower in said parking lot, come on back and we'll chat. Later.

No comments: