Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stuff On The Horizon


Yeah, Gnome Fest I'm going to go this year for real. It is up at Levis Trow, so I can't think of a reason not to go. The riding there is perfect, some of the best in the midwest.
ZR got me a ticket to Kraftwerk next month in Milwaukee. This is one of those things that kind of just falls in your lap, and you say HELL YEAH. I'm stoked for the show, and it's been a while since I could say that about a music event.

Headed to Marquette this weekend. Spoke to my man J-Pick last night and he gave me a report from the 8th Annual St. Patricks ride that went down there last night. 30 or so participants, which is twice what there was the first year, started at Clearys around 6:30. There was some gnarly snow going on, but folks hung tough. Stops included Pats Bar, The Wooden Nickel, 3rd Base Bar (where JP reported the largest bike pile he'd ever seen in Marquette) and it proceeded to the Bar Formerly Known As The Shorelander. Bobkie Bear was in possession of the purse of shame at that point.
Gosh I miss that place!

Goals for this weekend include drinking Veir Beir, snowshoeing and poaching at least one sauna at NMU.

1 comment:

lyle said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I wish I could make it up to MQT more often.