Monday, December 03, 2007

Winter


Wisco got slammed by old man winter this weekend. We hunkered down by the fireplace on Saturday for one of the most relaxing days I've had in a while. Should have done some more snow shovelling, but there will be plenty of time for that....Yesterday made the trip down to Hales Corners in Milwaukee to watch the State Cyclocross championships. In a word: Epic.
Now I know Epic is a word that gets tossed around quite a bit, but this event was epic in every sense of the word. As we were standing there on the course watching riders slog past in a foot wide muddy trench, one of my fellow SuperFans turned to me and asked, "How could the conditions be any worse?" It was around 32 degrees, with several inches of icy, slushy snow on the ground. And it was pouring rain...it was a driving rainstorm...I thought about that for a few minutes, and between blasts of my horn, and shouts of encouragement, I said that I couldn't imagine how it could be much worse, short of being shot at.
Big props to those that braved the conditions to race, or even watch! It was a great season!
Just ordered some Lake winter shoes, something I've been thinking about doing for several years...I've been drawing lots of motivation from Mike Curiak's blog a man who can make being really cold sound really appealling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, I religiously check your blog every couple of days or so from the shadows, but I see that you've finally baited me with the irresistable combination of bikes and beer. Keep it coming! Hope you guys are doing well. Check out Heather's blog sometime.
www.stinkerpuppy.blogspot.com

sean.dombrowski@hotmail.com