Monday, June 09, 2008

McQueen


This weekend we were back in Kalamazoo for a wedding and it turned out to be a pretty good trip. On Saturday, the Kalamazoo Public Library had a book sale, and whilst bumming around, I scored a copy of "Steve McQueen: Star on Wheels" for 20 cents.
I read it in about 24 hours, and it was pretty sweet. It follows his life until about 1970 or so, before his first divorce, right up through the making of Lemans which is my favorite McQueen pic, and has one of my favorite quotes: "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is waiting." Timeless.
Anyways, the book is good, McQueen was the shit, watch "Bullit" if you don't believe me.
Did get to ride Fort Custer, it was hot, but some new trail there is really sweet, sorry JB, but I gotta tell it like it is. My buddy Alex and I headed to Bells afterward for some drinks in the beer garden. Tastey.

No comments: