Monday, November 03, 2008

Lake Superior


Yesterday morning, Pickens and I hiked down to this beach North of Marquette. We took Elsa with us, she is seen in the above photo waiting for her bacon hand-out. One of my favorite things about visiting the UP is hiking. Something that I really only get to do up there. I did a hike up Hogsback Mountain on Saturday morn with just Elsa and it was so peaceful and warm. The knees hurt a bit on the walk back down, I think either I'm really out of shape, getting old or a bit of both.
The water was REALLY cold, so no we didn't swim, but Elsa went in.

3 comments:

Lord Hayden said...

Lack of local hiking is a major impediment to me ever moving back to the Madison area.

Chris Potter said...

sorry i had to miss the hike. but i have to maintain my rock and roll image...

teamjackass said...

Riding hogsback is where its at.