Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cycle Trucker


I lined up an Ahearne Cycle Truck for a photo shoot and to test out. Jen and I rode it around a bit yesterday, easily carrying each other around the neighborhood. Today we used it to run errands all over town. We're going to buy one. I'm already making a pile of stuff I need to sell to pay for it. I'll have it the rest of the week. I'll try to get some more photos and a bit of a review. One of the coolest bikes I've ever ridden. I've been admiring Joseph Ahearne's work for years, and have been interested in this bike ever since I saw the prototype last year at the OBCA show last fall. Really stoked to be able to test one out! The photo above illustrates that the rack is attached to the frame so the front wheel turns independently. Very helpful for loading/unloading, and it keeps the weight up front from screwing with your steering.

No comments: